N.F. McDonnell & Sons is committed to supporting the development of trades’ skills by offering apprenticeships across a number of trades. As part of that commitment we are offering the opportunity to undertake an apprenticeship as a Saw Technician. The successful applicant will join our Saw Shop and be trained to achieve a Certificate III in Saw Technology.
Essential Key Competencies and Selection Criteria:
- Successful completion of year 11.
- Commitment to learning the trade and developing their skills and knowledge
- Good understanding of the requirements of agreeing to undertake an apprenticeship and working to complete a Certificate III in Saw Technology
- Gaining competency in all aspects and machinery located in the Saw Shop.
- Developing their knowledge of and experience in saws and related equipment
- Gaining experience in maintenance of sawmill saws and related equipment
- Developing their ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, plan and organise workloads, and achieve specified outcomes within a limited timeframe
- Willingness to be part of a team and be actively involved in an on-the-job learning environment
- Basic understanding of the relationship between maintenance and equipment reliability and uptime
- Ability to work in with others, inquisitive, able to follow instruction and able to interact with a range of people in different roles
- Awareness of limitations of own abilities and understanding of the need to escalate when unsure or needing help
- Basic understanding of workplace health and safety and the role of identifying hazards and controlling risks in the workplace
Day Shift, 38 hours per week, typically between 6.00am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday
- Hours work may vary and may include shift work or overtime depending on business needs.
- The position has a 6 month probationary period and requires satisfactory TAFE and workplace training results to progress.
Any queries about this opportunity can be addressed to Leigh Jago, Saw Shop Coordinator.
A COVER LETTER addressing the Essential Key Competencies and RESUME is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped in to the Administration Office.
Applications close on 22nd May 2022