N.F. McDonnell & Sons is a leader in the softwood timber industry providing quality products to both the domestic and export markets. Based in Mount Gambier and established in 1944 our company has always stayed true to its motto of “continual improvement is how we do business”. Our sawmill boasts the most state of the art equipment and technology for processing small diameter sawlogs in Australia.
We are seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic to take on a lead role in our mechanics workshop. Offering an attractive wage package to the successful applicant who will be responsible for efficient operation of the mechanics workshop and the delivery of servicing to the mobile fleet across site. This role is hands-on and focuses on prioritising and co-ordinating mechanical servicing including: work allocation, scheduling PMs, setting servicing quality standards, trouble shooting and following up where needed. This role works very closely with mobile plant operators, production, maintenance and despatch.
Essential Key Competencies and Selection Criteria:
• Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology (or equivalent)
• Hands-on experience in maintenance of heavy diesel plant
• Commitment to improving maintenance processes and equipment reliability by having a sense of urgency when needed (e.g. breakdowns)
• Effective communication – verbally and in writing
• Proven ability to manage own time, work in with others and follow work schedules
• Experience with troubleshooting and fault finding
• Current High Risk Work Licence (Forklift and Loader)
• Timber industry or heavy engineering experience in maintenance and/or engineering construction
Applications will be regarded as strictly confidential, a covering letter and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and received no later than 5:00 pm Friday 27th May 2022.