N.F. McDonnell & Sons is a leader in the softwood timber industry providing quality products to both the domestic and export markets. Based in Mount Gambier and established in 1944 our company has always stayed true to its motto of “continual improvement is how we do business”. Our sawmill boasts the most state of the art equipment and technology for processing small diameter sawlogs in Australia.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join the maintenance team of a successful and dynamic family-owned company. Offering an attractive wage package to the successful applicant who will provide necessary mechanical fitter trade skills to support production requirements through effective maintenance, including attending to breakdowns, actively monitoring production shift start-up and change-over, and carrying out planned, unplanned and project work as required.
Essential Key Competencies and Selection Criteria:
• Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (or equivalent)
• Hands-on, post trade experience in maintenance fitting
• Thorough understanding of contemporary maintenance requirements
• Understanding of the relationship between maintenance and equipment reliability / uptime
• Commitment to improving maintenance processes and equipment reliability by having a sense of urgency when needed (e.g. breakdowns)
• Effectively communicate – verbally and in writing
• Proven ability to manage own time, work in with others and follow work schedules
• Experienced with troubleshooting and fault finding
• Current High Risk Work Licence
• Timber industry or heavy engineering experience in maintenance and/or engineering construction
Applications will be regarded as strictly confidential, a covering letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com and received no later than 5:00 pm Friday 17th September 2021.