N.F. McDonnell & Sons are a leader in the softwood timber industry providing quality products to both the domestic and export markets. Based in Mount Gambier and established in 1944 our company has always stayed true to its motto of “continual improvement is how we do business”. Our sawmill boasts the most state of the art equipment and technology for processing small diameter sawlogs in Australia.
There is an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our team. The successful applicant:
Shall be responsible for performing efficient mechanical maintenance through:
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Undertake mechanical repairs and refurbishment to required standards
- Installation and troubleshooting of equipment
- Complete job reporting in an accurate and timely manner
- Actively contribute to a workplace culture where WHS is given the highest priority in all activities
Essential Key Competencies and Selection Criteria:
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (or equivalent)
- Hands-on, post trade experience in maintenance fitting
- Thorough understanding of contemporary maintenance requirements
- Understanding of the relationship between maintenance and equipment reliability / uptime
- Commitment to improving maintenance processes and equipment reliability by being proactive and having a sense of urgency when needed (eg breakdowns)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with maintenance and production personnel – including listening, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to manage own time, work in with others, follow work schedules, and liaising with supervisors and production personnel to complete maintenance work
- Experienced with troubleshooting, fault finding and escalating to management when needed
- Current High Risk Work Licence
- Timber industry or heavy engineering experience in maintenance and/or engineering construction
This is a fulltime position, subject to successful completion of a probation period. Offering an attractive salary package with above award wages and conditions. Family friendly shift roster Monday to Friday, 1 afternoon shift only per 6 week rotation, with an opportunity for weekend work and overtime in peak periods.
Applications will be regarded as strictly confidential.
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5.00 pm Friday, 23rd April 2021.